Den Gyldne Okse – The RestaurantNovember 16, 2020
There is nothing more exciting for a steak lover to eat steak in a historic building. Den Gyldne Okse is one of the best places in Viborg Denmark that undoubtedly offers one of the best steaks in the whole world. Regardless of the steak type you want, such as beef fillet, beef tenderloin, pepper steak, etcetera, this restaurant got it all covered.
The house where this unique, atmospheric, and cozy restaurant serves people is more than 400 years old.
- This property used to belong to Procurator Niels Stabell in 1791.
- Then later, it was inhabited by Hans Lassen Rolin, who was a famous city musician in 1818
- Lüttichauske Fideikommis started living in this house from 1831
- Søren Sørensen Boldrup (a shoemaker) lived in this house from 1839-1845 and then sold the property to Bagermester Christen Christensen
- In 1856 son Anton Vilhelm Christensen acquired the house.
- In 1903 Købmand B. Christensen bought it from son Anton Vilhelm Christensen
- The property had been used as a smithy from 1905 to 1993 (Den Gyldne Okse – The Restaurant opened meanwhile in 1947)
- Finally, in 1993 Restaurant Den Gyldne Okse, after a detailed renovation process, acquired the property.
Den Gyldne Okse is still decorated in the classic old style with family portraits and famous Burgundy Velor Wallpaper. Some families and individuals (customers for decades) have also got their own portrait wallpapers, such as the Hansen family and Annie Johannesen.
Because of its food quality, Den Gyldne Okse managed to get into the media in 2009. It was presented in the tribute book to Vanlose. Bees steaks are the restaurants specialist, and you can get but not limited to the following types of steaks:
- 200 G Beef Tenderloin
- 300 G Beef Tenderloin
- 250 G Beef Fillet
- 400 G Beef Fillet
- 200 G Pepper Steak
- 300 G Pepper Steak
- 300 G Rib-Eye Steak
- Belgian Waffle: With Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Coulis
- Homemade Pancakes: With Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Coulis
- Cheese Board: Served with Various Items
- Marzipan Roulade: With Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Fruit
- Chocolate Fondant: With Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Dessert of the Month: See the Chef Recommendations
More than a Restaurant
Den Gyldne Okse is more than a restaurant, and you can even have your business meetings here. It provides a comfortable, quiet, and calm ambiance where you can collaborate all the important details of your business with partners.
Den Gyldne Okse is undoubtedly an incredible place to spend some quality time. Not only does it offer delicious food, but it also provides a unique and cozy ambiance for an exceptional dining experience.